The Spanish Department of the Faculty of Foreign Languages, offers Spanish Language Intensive Courses for non-Spanish speaking students. To that end it relies on an experienced faculty, with a background of more than 25 years.
Courses are offered to persons interested in learning or upgrading the Spanish language. Classes are taught with a communicative approach and are based on a productive and receptive practice of oral and written linguistic abilities, which provide students with strategies and knowledge needed to interact in a Spanish speaking environment. The exchange with the academic, social, and cultural life of our university guarantees to make the most of the advantages that studying the language in a Spanish speaking country provides.
Short Term Spanish Language Intensive Courses.
Short term courses start every first Monday, every month, except for the month of August. Enrollment is carried out the first day, together with the placement test. Classes are taught from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. No four - week courses (80 teaching hours) are offered in the months of April, July and December. One teaching hour equals 45 minutes class period.
You can get a package for:
Four months, 300 teaching hours 960.00 CUC
Six months, 460 teaching hours 1,392.00 CUC
• Long term course
How to enroll in courses?
• Enrollment is carried out first day
• You can study up to one month with a tourist visa
• To enroll in courses of more than a month, you should apply for an academic visa. You can get one in your country of origin, or else, apply for it at the Spanish Department, two first days of the course or ten days previous to the expiration of your tourist visa.
• In order to apply for a visa in your country of origin, you should contact Oficina de Servicios Académicos Internacionales (international academic services office), 40 days previous to the date of arrival, and send the following information:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Date of arrival
- Cuban Embassy, or Consulate where to place visa
• To apply for academic visa through the Spanish Department, you should present the following documents:
- Passport and visa
- Receip upon lodging payment (hotel or private legal lodgings)
- Stamps for the fallowing price:
- 40.00 CUC, plus 25.00 CUC for two months stay
- 40.00 CUC, plus (25.00 + 25.00) for a three months stay
- 40.00 CUC, plus (25.00 +25.00 + 25.00) for a four months stay
- 40.00 CUC, plus 10.00 CUC for more than a four months stay
4. Four photos 1 x 1
For more informatión:
Lic. Alexeis Báez Sánchez